Friday, July 20, 2012

Favourite box


You know those days which make you feel something special is going to happen. Well, the sunlight is dazzling, bright, clear, I’m sure you know what I mean, like filtered through a diamond. It’s just not light but a clear brilliance that imbues everything with power. The blue of the sky is everywhere; on the floors, in the windows, on tabletops, on unwashed coffee mugs. It’s a weird feeling that constricts your chest ever so little, is it so light, so beautiful, is there a meaning to it after all? Everything’s multiplied; the air seems so much wider, the world bigger. The breeze through the curtains is evocative of my Enid Blyton outdoors, the entire rooms shot with blue brings me back something I worshipped as a child. My favourite box of all. 

No comments: