Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dream

I often see myself passing out of the gleaming orange mosquito nets and rising through the ceiling, into the terrace above. Immediately, I notice that it is chilly. Compared to the comfortable stuffiness in the room, the terrace was almost windy, and it left me feeling exposed. I was hovering a few dozen feet above the ground, and it made me feel dizzy. There was the speckled terrace floor below, looking eminently serviceable, littered with burnt firecrackers and eucalyptus leaves. I longed to gradually lower my feet onto it, but the wind carried me towards the eucalyptus in the corner, and the leaves tickled my nose. It was a brightly lit night, I saw.

2 comments:

King Jeremy the Wicked II said...

Tomaro erokom shopno? reminds me of Kurosawa's Dream.

Aishani said...

Tai? Haven't see that, though. This is a recurrent one, that's why I remember it so clearly.